Featured Gentlemint Member: Razorback
Last updated May 16, 2013
As you well know, Gentlemint has an incredible community. We've been blessed to have such a massive base of respectful, helpful and engaging members posting and commenting every day. You email us with ideas, and you help us catch spam and other shady content faster than any bot ever could. It's really beyond anything we could have imagined when we started the site.
So we're starting something new today. We're going to occasionally feature Gentlemint members who go above and beyond making Gentlemint an incredible place. These are the stalwarts of our community, the ones you see regularly atop the popular page. Chances are, they've commented on one of your posts.
Without further ado, let me introduce our first featured member: Razorback.
- Member of Gentlemint since February 28, 2012.
- Tacks: 1,320
- Likes: 2,271
- Comments: 605
- Followers: 96
I live with my wife of 25 years in Fayetteville, AR, in the heart of the Ozark Mountains. I first came to the area many years ago to attend the University of Arkansas and never left. Obviously I am a Razorback fan, hence my handle on Gentlemint.
My manly pursuits include hunting and fishing. I love the outdoors which is why Fayetteville works so well for me. I particularly enjoy fishing from my sit-on-top kayak. From my house, I can access multiple lakes, rivers and streams in less than 30 minutes.
I love music and just about all kinds. I grew up playing drums and a few other instruments. Today, I play mostly guitar and have started a small collection. I am particularly fond of C.F. Martin guitars and currently own three. I hope one day to build a small music studio and equip it with everything a man could want. My goal is to make and record my own music although only for my own pleasure.
I quit smoking many years ago but recently started to get back into cigars. I don’t know much about them yet but I look forward to learning more and enjoying them on occasion.
Probably the thing I love the most about Gentlemint is the wide variety of tacks. I learn something new every time I visit the site (which is daily). There are a few people that I really enjoy following because they are the ones who come up with the most unique and interesting content."
If I could give any advice to new members, it would be the following:
- Actively seek out new and interesting content from sites all over the world. If your only source of information is one or two sites, you might want to broaden your horizons. Look through the most popular tacks of all time and you can see how varied they are.
- Tack what you enjoy. The best tacks are those you can tell mean something to the person who posted it. Patterns begin to develop and you slowly begin to understand people’s likes and dislikes.
- Try to find the original source of the product/service you are tacking because typically, there is more to the story.
- Never duplicate a tack. Use the search function. Whenever I find something new to tack, I always search for it first. I never want to repeat something that someone else has already posted. Be original.
- Don’t tack too much at once. Settle down and save some for later. Spread that love out. Kind of like the adage about the old bull, young bull and all those cows. Enjoy it all, but take your time.
- Don’t be rude. It’s okay to make a comment on another person’s tack, but do it tactfully. True gentlemen do not take pleasure in degrading others. You lose all credibility.
- It is highly unlikely that there is anything about bacon that has not already been tacked. Just saying.
You can follow Razorback on Gentlemint
Did this article make you manlier?
Join 100,000 monthly readers who get Gentlemint articles delivered to their inbox.